| Глог / Blog 14:53
Boris Nedialkov - cello
Born in November 1992 in Sofia, Boris is one of the most talented young musicians of his generation. He has already received considerable recognition in his home country, Bulgaria, and through his precocious study at the Music University (Musikhochschule) in Mannheim, Germany and his participation in international master classes and festivals in Kronberg Academy, Musica Mundi in Belgium, Schwetzingen Summer Academy, Thessaloniki Summer Academy in Greece etc., he is making a name of himself in other European countries too.
Since October 2009 Boris is a regular student in the cello class of Prof. Michael Flaksman and Mrs. Jelena Ocic at the University of Music and Performing Arts in Mannheim. Previously he has studied with Prof. Anatoli Krastev, Mrs. Annie Atanassova and Mrs. Radka Djagarova at the National School of Music in Sofia.
His latest achievements include (in reverse chronological order):
• First Prize at the 6th edition of the “Silvio Omizzolo” Competition in Padova, Italy, October 2008. http://www.silvioomizzolo.org/vi-edizione/vincitori.htm
• Award of a prestigious scholarship (10 000 EURO) for Music by the Arts Foundation in Baden-Wuerttenberg – Germany in February 2008; http://www.kunststiftung.de/aktuelles/stipendiaten/2008.php
• Second prize in his age group at the 2006 David Popper International cello competition in Hungary;
• Active participation as a student of Prof. Bernard Greenhouse in the 2008 and 2006 Cello Master Classes in Kronberg;
• First prize at the "Young Virtuosi" competition in Sofia, Bulgaria in 2004;
• Second prize at the 2004 Antonio Janigro Cello Competition in Croatia, etc.
In June-July 2007 he was invited for intensive cello lessons by Prof. Bernard Greenhouse at his home in Wellfleet, MA, USA. This was a unique opportunity for Boris to learn from one of the greatest musicians of our time. This is how Prof. Greenhouse sees Boris' qualities after having worked with him:
"This is a young cellist of great technical proficiency and remarkable musicality; it is fair to call him prodigious, and see no limit to what he will achieve as an artist. At fourteen years of age, he has impressive control of his instrument and a depth of sensitivity that astonishes all who hear him. His recital here in Wellfleet was a great success."
Since 2003 Boris appears in numerous concerts and recitals in Germany, Italy, Portugal, Spain, Slovenia and Bulgaria, both as soloist with orchestras like Sofia Philharmonic, Vratza Philharmonic, Heilbronner Sinfonie Orchester, Orchestra of Arco Easter Music Festival, the Orchestra of Cascais and Oieras, Studio Konzertante in Giessen, the Riegelsberg Chamber Orchestra etc., and as chamber musician with “Piano Trio 12”.
Among these, the noteworthy events (in reverse chronological order) are:
• Nomination for Young Musician of the Year 2008, along with 8 other Bulgarian musicians;
• Concert with the orchestra of Classic FM Radio in Sofia, Bulgaria, February 25, 2009
• Concerts in Dilsberg, Mannheim and Heidelberg in January 2009;
• Performance of Haydn C-dur cello concerto with Studio Konzertante in Giessen, Germany, lead by the ex-concertmaster of Berlin Philharmonic Mr. Leon Spierer in April 2008 and again in June 2008 (Staadtallendorf);
• Solo recital at the Music Festival "Katya Popova" in Pleven, Bulgaria in December 2007;
• Recitals within the framework of Carl Orf Music Festival in Alberobello, Italy in September 2007;
• Performance of Sait-Saens cello concerto with the Orchestra of Arco Easter Music Festival under the baton of Prof. Peter Braschkat in Arco, Italy, April 2007
• Concert tour with Trio 12 in Portugal, Spain and Slovenia on the occasion of Bulgaria’s EU membership in January 2007;
• Solo recital within the framework of Sofia Music Festival in June 2006
• Participation as soloist at the traditional New Year’s Concert with Sofia Philharmonic on January 1, 2006;
Recordings of some of these concerts can be found at: http://www.youtube.com/user/inaned
|13 Ноември 06, 14:53